I recently got back from vacation in Spain where I had to be conscious about the food I was choosing while I traveled. So I thought it would be a good idea to share some helpful tips about eating food while you travel. Typical travel food includes a lot of fast food, potato chips, and lots of carbonated drinks. These foods are filled with unhealthy fats, high calories, and lack of vitamins and minerals. Eating these foods will leave you feeling energy depleted and sluggish. Let me help you maintain your healthy diet while you travel on vacation. You’ll feel healthier, more alert, and have more fun.
Healthy eating in restaurants:
• Soups and salads are generally healthy and start to fill you up so that you eat less.
• Split a meal with your dining partner. Most restaurants serve huge portions.
• Select foods that are prepared with healthier, low-fat methods.
• Eat the vegetables. Double up on the vegetable, ask for more.
• Choose fruit instead of sugary desserts.
Dr Elias Markou, ND