Frequently Asked Questions
What Conditions Do You Treat?
Please visit our services for detailed information.
When To Arrive
- Kindly arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointments; this will allow you sufficient time to find parking, go to the washroom, settle in with a tea or water and if necessary, fill out any last minute forms.
Your First Visit With Your Health Practitioner
- Please ensure you have completed your New Patient Intake Form(s) relevant to your visit PRIOR to the first visit.
- We ask that you arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.
- Treatment cannot begin until the consent forms have been signed.
- Your initial consultation includes an in-depth review of your health concerns and goals. This visit focuses on assessment, including a physical exam ( This is a College Regulatory Requirement – and clinic policy), review of lab work and a urinalysis.
- If you have had copies of lab tests done within the past 6 months, we will fill out a release of record form to request them from your MD. If you have NOT had lab tests done within the past 6 months, your practitioner will require up-to-date diagnostic tests that can be done by your MD or for a fee performed by your ND.
- Introductory treatment guidelines are presented.
- For children (up to 10) the initial consultation is 60 minutes in length, and we are usually able to provide both assessment and treatment in the first visit. We ask that you come 15 minutes early to your child’s first visit.
- NO ALLERGY TESTING (MSAS, BIOSCAN, BIOMERIDIAN) CAN BE PERFORMED ON THE FIRST VISIT. This is a College Regulatory Requirement.
- Follow-up visits are scheduled according to your needs and your practitioner recommendations. These visit may be used to monitor your progress and adherence, refine your treatment plan, or provide in-clinic therapies.
- As issues are resolved, the focus of our visits will move towards maintenance and prevention. Revisions and suggestions are made as necessary.
- Typically follow-up visits are scheduled for 30 minutes; you will be billed accordingly for extra time used.
- If it has been more than 6 months since your last visit, we recommend that you schedule a 60 minute follow-up to allow adequate time for assessment, education and treatment plan revisions. This a College Regulatory Requirement and a clinic policy. Health information is constantly changing.
Frequency of Visits
- The frequency of your visits will depend on the therapies we choose and the amount of support you require in achieving your health goals. As issues are resolved, the focus of our visits will move towards maintenance and prevention. Revisions and suggestions are made as necessary.
- Initially, it is typical to schedule visits every 2-8 weeks, or more frequently for some treatments like acupuncture, chiropractic care, cancer care, colonic and any acute treatment therapies.
- Once balance is achieved, we suggest you visit at least seasonally (3-6 times per year), as part of your regular maintenance and preventative program.
Do Medical plans or OHIP cover the services we offer?
Most Private Health Plans cover all or a portion of all treatments at pureBalance Wellness Cancer Care. In general, most private plans cover up to $500 of licensed Naturopathic Doctor, RMT’s, Acupuncturists, and Chiropractor visits per family member per year.
Can You Tell Me More About Your Product Dispensary?
In order to provide you with the highest quality and most convenient services, our dispensary carries very selected professional natural health products to help keep you and your family feeling their best. The items provided in the dispensary are there for the convenience of our patients. Patients may purchase their products from any dispensary if they so choose. Non-clinic patients may purchase our products with proof of a health practitioner prescription.
What are the Clinic Features
- Product Dispensary
- Handicap Accessible
- Handicap Elevator
- Free Parking nearby
- Paid Street Metered Parking
- Close to GO Transit Access
- Mississauga Transit Access
- Scent-Free Environment
- Green Powered
- Environmentally Friendly Building
- Community Proud
- In the Heart of Port Credit
How To Reach Us
Didn’t find the answer to what you were looking for? Connect with us.
219 Lakeshore Road East