QWhat is Holistic Nutrition?
The Holistic philosophy dictates that the body is much more than the sum of its parts. Holistic nutrition believes that we need a certain balance of protein, vitamins, and other nutrients to help our bodies reach maximum energy levels and overall physical and emotional health. It is also believed that each individual is different and requires different amounts of these proteins, vitamins, and nutrients to make that particular individual healthy.
Nutrition (healthy eating) is a part of every health practice and complements all therapies. It has been shown that making the right food choices can help to prevent many health problems including heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and cancer.
Holistic Nutrition and the Basics
With holistic nutrition there are some basics that apply to all individuals who wish to follow a holistic nutritional plan. They include the following:
- All food should be organic as much as possible.
- Avoid junk food and processed food.
- Do not consume food with additives and preservatives.
- Completely eliminate sugar or caffeine.
- Drink large amounts of pure water. Filtered and free of chlorine and other contaminants.
- Avoid microwaves for heating foods.
- Do not consume genetically engineered food.
- Identify hidden food allergies and food sensitivities.
- Address nutritional deficiencies through food an vitamins.
- Eat whole foods in their natural state as much as possible.
QWhat conditions does Holistic Nutrition treat?
If you feed your body good food with an excellent balance of nutrients, your immune and digestive system will work more efficiently and common symptoms and health conditions, like the ones listed below, can be eliminated:
- Hormonal Imbalances/Menstrual Abnormalities/Menopause
- Brittle Hair & Nails
- Muscle Aches, Pains & Joint Disorders (Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Osteoporosis)
- Digestive Disorders
- Weight Concerns
- Behavioural Issues/Depression
- Fatigue/Decreased Energy
- High Blood Pressure/High Cholesterol
Instead of treating the symptoms with drugs and surgery, you will need to address the CAUSE of the symptoms with proper nutrition. Healing the body from the inside out is the only sure way to rid those symptoms once and for all and restore optimum health. To find out more about Holistic Nutrition and some of the cooking classes offered at the clinic, Contact us via email or call 905-891-3865.