A scar is a mark left on the skin or on an internal organ by the healing of a wound, sore, surgery or injury because of replacement by connective tissue of the injured tissue. Scars may result from wounds that have healed, lesions of disease, accidents or surgical operations.
Scar tissue therapy is generally overlooked by health professionals because the extent of physiological effects scars can have on the body have never really been acknowledged.
As a Master of Vibrational Medicine, our holistic healer knows that the slightest restriction in the elaborate matrix of fascia can have major repercussions from one end of the body to the other. A simple scar from a childhood accident to major surgery can have a lifelong effect both physically and mentally. Scar tissue has the potential to spread in any direction including internally throughout the body. It can also restrict movement or function anywhere in the body from a joint to an organ. Fortunately, releasing scars yields powerful results that can prevent a lifetime of compensation, complications and pain.
Long Term Effects of Scars
- Sleep Disturbance
- Nerve impingement
- Limited range of motion and flexibility
- Postural misalignment
- Muscle atrophy
- Tissue Hypoxia
- An increase in potential for future injury
Often a scar carries with it the memory of trauma, fear and pain. This memory can be of physical pain and/or the emotional fear or trauma. The cellular memory of the trauma can block the flow of healing energy within the body and mind. Discomfort and problems may result from the incomplete healing process.
Benefits of Scar Tissue Release Therapy
- Improves flexibility
- Helps to relieve stress on the body from fasical tension
- Reduces muscle spasm
- Helps to prevent adhesion formation from injury/surgery
- Promotes balance in the body
- Helps to maintain good posture
- Helps to increase athletic performance
- Reduces the risk of muscle strain and tearing
- Improves oxygen and nutrient delivery to cells
- Helps to regain and maintain the full range of motion of a joint
- Helps stimulate lymph circulation and elimination of cellular waste
When a scar has been released there is no restriction of flow of energy, blood circulation and lymph drainage. The body can then complete the healing process.