Indian Head Massage is the ideal stress-busting treatment for anyone who is suffering from aching shoulders, a tight neck, tension headache, eye strain, insomnia, or poor concentration. It is a safe, simple yet effective therapy renowned for relieving symptoms of stress.
Indian head massage is said to balance every system in the body, and the benefits associated with it make up a lengthy list. Topping that list is its ability to combat stress and anxiety and help us find balance.
There are a wide number of benefits to be had from treatment with Indian Head Massage, both psychological and physical. These include:
- Antidote to stress, anxiety and mental tension
- Clears the mind and revitalized mental capacity, so improving alertness and concentration
- General ‘balancing’, giving a sense of calm and peace
- Works on balancing the Chakras by releasing stagnant Prana so the body can function in a more harmonious manner
- Calms the respiratory system
- Improves blood circulation to the head and neck
- Increased blood flow enhances nourishment to the muscles which can promote hair growth
- Improves lymphatic drainage from the head and neck
- Improves muscle tone and mobility in the head, neck and shoulder area
- Increases circulation of cerebral spinal fluid around the brain
- Physically revitalising
- Relieves mental and physical strain, so helping to improve concentration and productivity
- Relieves eyestrain, headaches, sinusitis, congestion and insomnia
- Further nourishment to the skin and hair if oil is used in the treatment
Champissage, created and trademarked by Narendra Mehta, is the modern version of this cultural tradition. Mehta, a physical and manual therapist, took the Indian tradition of family head grooming and massage and added massage of the neck, face, and shoulders, as well as energetic aspects including shiatsu. Utilizing the knowledge of mind, body, and spirit is what makes Indian head massage so effective.