Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and acupuncture has been used in China for over 2500 years. TCM and acupuncture continues to be the preferred medicine for the 1 billion people in China. Acupuncture is often preferred over the more invasive technique of surgery. This ancient form of medicine has been modernized in the last 50 years and is being integrated into Western medical practice to complement many other forms of medicine. Its ability to address imbalances in the body and manage musculoskeletal pain and injury has been clearly demonstrated using evidence based scientific studies. Its complementary approach with many other conditions has been repeatedly demonstrated in clinical practice.
Acupuncture can help:
- Pain and Musculoskeletal Injury
- Difficulty Sleeping and Insomnia
- Stress Relief and Relaxation
- Back Pain
- Nerve Pain
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Bell’s Palsy and facial paralysis
- Weight loss
- Smoking Cessation
Acupuncture is an ancient form of Chinese medicine involving the insertion of acupuncture needles into the skin at specific points on the body to achieve a therapeutic effect. No drug is injected. The needles alone create the beneficial effects of acupuncture.
Acupuncture is used to encourage natural healing, improve mood and energy, reduce or relieve pain and improve function of affected areas of the body. It is safe and effective and is often successfully used as an alternative to medications or even surgery. Relief is often obtained with acupuncture when traditional medical therapy has failed.
Acupuncture points are located on meridians in the body, through which vital energy (qi) flows. Needling specific acupuncture points can remove obstructions and improve the natural flow of qi or energy throughout the body. Acupuncture has shown to have great results for the following conditions:
- Ulcers colitis, indigestion, diarrhea, constipation, diabetes
- Ringing in the ears, earaches, poor eyesight, dizziness, sinus, infections sore throat, hay fever
- Eczema, acne
Musculo-Skeletal and Neurologic
- Arthritis, neuralgia, sciatica, back pain, bursitis, tendonitis, stiff neck, Bell’s palsy, Trigeminal neuralgia, headache, migraine
- Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Insomnia
Genito-Urinary and Reproductive
- Impotence, Infertility, premenstrual syndrome, vaginitis, menopause, irregular periods and cramps, morning sickness
Naturopathic Doctors are trained to safely and effectively administer TCM and acupuncture as one of their tools to restore your health. Consult your Naturopathic Doctor to see if this acupuncture and TCM should be a part of your treatment.