As we approach the beginning of a New Year, start thinking of what activities you’ll take part in with your family.
Are you open to starting some new traditions? Here are a few ideas to consider:
- 1- Make a family vision board, where everyone contributes to it; but make it less about actual items and more about family activities.
- 2- Volunteer at the local food bank or shelter.
- 3- Encourage everyone to donate one item they no longer use to the less fortunate for every new item they receive.
- 4- Spend some time visiting with the elderly at the local nursing home and spend time with those who have no family to visit them.
- 5- Sponsor a child through an organization, write them letters together as a family.
- 6- At the stroke of midnight each person in your family exchanges a hand written note or card to another member of the family to tell them what they appreciate the most about that person.
- 7- Make a regular habit of playing an old fashioned board game, turning off the TV and spending quality time together.
- 8- If you cut a tree down this year, take the time to plant some new ones.
- 9- Instead of birthday gifts in 2012, try raising money for your favourite charity or a great cause.
- 10- Most of all, enjoy your time together
By: Stephanie Markou – Director of Operations