Welcome 2013, we are so excited to see what you have in store for our health this year. We have all made New Year’s resolutions that involve our health. So 2013 is here and we now need to look at the new trending natural products that will become part of your life in 2013.
1) Chia Seeds, in 2013 people are adding this seed into their diets. Sprinkle them on a salad, in a soup or in your yogurt. Chia seeds are rich in protein, antioxidants, fibre and omega-3 fatty acids.
2) Flax Seed Milk, is another alternative to cow’s milk, this milk comes from a seed. It is vegan, allergy free, gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, and grain free. Flax seed milk is an excellent source of omega fatty acids and lignans. Flax seed consumption has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease, breast cancer and diabetes.
3) Beta Glucans, The Beta-1,3-(D)-glucan with Beta- 1,6-glucan linkages are extracted from Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast. This extract has been shown to act as a potent immune activator and may help patients treating and preventing cancer.
4) Selenium is a trace mineral. In food, the mineral is found in Brazil nuts, poultry, seafood, oats and brown rice. Major benefits of selenium have been found to improve the immune system, treat cancer, support thyroid, and decrease the risk of heart disease.
5) Andrographis is a plant native to Asia and India where it has been valued for centuries for its health benefits. Scientists have discovered that andrographis helps to boost the immune system, prevent and treat cancer, it promotes gallbladder and digestive health.
Contact your Naturopathic Doctor and ask them if any of these products can help you with your health.
This is my 2013 list of natural health products you might want to consider. Take some time to look at each natural product and see if they can help you with your health concerns.