Public Health Regarding COVID-19 at pureBalance WellnessMar 16, 2020
I am personally writing to you today to share with you, our patients, about what we are doing at our clinic in the midst of the COVID-19 health issue. We are trying to strike a safe balance between patient’s and practitioner needs and Ontario public health advice.
As Health Care Providers, all of us here at PureBalance are taking steps to be proactive in this outbreak of COVID-19. Your care and safety of your loved ones are our main priorities as we continue to deliver patient care.
We are asking anyone who has traveled in the past 14 days to please reschedule their appointment. If you are experiencing any symptoms such as cold symptoms, runny nose, cough, fever or shortness of breath, please reschedule your appointment. Even if you are feeling unwell (experiencing symptoms other than those above), we can always reschedule to another time as we are trying to maintain our immunity.
Our doors will remain open during this time and we recommend a call to the clinic for Pre-Screening be made before a scheduled appointment or a quick drop-in. We are making adjustments to the way we live and work, and are committed to making it safe and comfortable for you to come to us to receive the healthcare that you and your families need.
Another option for those who still want to maintain consistent care with their practitioner, would be to keep your appointment but make arrangements for it to be a Telemedicine appointment (Phone consultation, Skype, FaceTime). Call the clinic at 905-891-3865 to make the request.
No fees for last-minute cancellations will be charged during this virus outbreak period, and we will work to get you an appointment time in the near future that is best for you.
If you are unsure or think you have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus, please feel free to visit the self-assessment page at: https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-self-assessment and if needed please report to public health at: https://www.publichealthontario.ca/en/contact.
I would like to discuss the preventative measures taken at PureBalance:
- All staff, doctors and patients are screened daily for recent contact and asked about travel. Should any practitioner at the clinic become ill with any COVID-19 related symptoms you will be notified by either the practitioner or the clinic, to reschedule any upcoming appointments.
- At the clinic, we have further enhanced our already stringent cleaning and sanitization protocols. The frequency of the clinic cleaning has been increased especially in high traffic areas including the waiting area, restrooms and treatment rooms.
- Patients are required to wash their hands when they arrive at the clinic and antibacterial hand rub (alcohol-based) are available in the waiting area.
- Proper hand hygiene with the use of hand washing, hand sanitizer and / or disposable gloves is our standard patient care for all doctors and staff.
- For patients who prefer a Telemedicine consultation (Phone, Skype, FaceTime), our health care team will be offering select time slots (regular rates will apply). If this is your preference, please speak to reception by calling the front desk at 905-891-3865 or email via our contact page.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your trust and patience as we continue to work our way through this outbreak and meet the challenges together. We will continue our communication in the coming weeks. We are committed to providing a safe, clean clinic for our patients, staff and doctors and will take our best efforts to continue working together.
Dr. Elias Markou ND