I am officially welcoming summer with a delicious recipe for you!
Do you remember the ice- cream truck as a child? I used to run outside in excitement whenever I heard it’s familiar tune coming up the street! Well, I’m a long way from that now, but I still love a cold treat on a hot day.
Since most of us are heading towards are dairy free existence, I’d like to share these dairy free frozen treats with you. They’re SO GOOD!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Blender (I used the Ninja)
- Popsicle Molds (**try using stainless steel molds to avoid BPA toxins that may be released from plastic molds)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 13 medium/large strawberries, blackberries etc. de-stemmed **Since strawberries top the Environmental Working Groups’ Dirty Dozen, try to use organic!
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pinch of sea salt
1. Blend the coconut milk, honey, sea salt and 9 strawberries
2. Add in the last strawberries and pulse to blend just until large chunks are gone
3. Pour into molds and freeze
Experiment with different fruit combinations and let us know how it goes.